I thought it might be interesting to collate various studies, documents, blog posts to better understand the pros and cons of the different power generation types and to help opinion building.
- Behind the numbers on Energy Return on Investment (Scientific American, Mason Inman, 2013)
- Energy intensities, EROIs, and energy payback times of electricity generating power plants (Daniel Weissbach et al., 2013)
- Technology-specific Cost and Performance Parameters (IPCC, AR5 2014)
- A critical review of global decarbonization scenarios (Peter J. Loftus, Armond C. Cohen, Jane C.S. Long, Jesse D. Jenkins, 2014)
- Global dense energy (fossil fuel) assets (Dan Kurz, 2013)
- Key role for nuclear energy in global biodiversity conservation (Barry W. Brook, Corey J.A. Bradshaw, 2014) (see inserted graph with ranks of energy source)
- Technical feasibility of a 100% renewable energy system (Luis B. Aramburu, 2014)
- Nuclear Power (Prof. Barry W. Brook lecture at the ANU Public Forum 2012)
(insightful graphs and information about energy sources and nuclear energy)
- Limitations of ‘renewable’ energy (Leo Smith, 2012)
- The net benefits of low and no-carbon electricity technologies (Charles R. Frank, Brookings Institution, 2014)
More to follow.