In recent days I noticed that media seems to review their stand on nuclear energy. First of all, the latest assessment report published by the IPCC early April recommended nuclear power as a way to reduce carbon emissions. Then a number of publications, some of them with a traditionally anti-nuclear stance have reopened the debate towards nuclear power. Some reports I saw:
- The New York Times: Nuclear industry gains carbon-focused allies in push to save reactors
- The New York Times: The right lessons from Chernobyl
- Huffington Post: Why you should stop worrying about nuclear radiation
- Discover Science Magazine: What is the future for eco-pessimists and pro-nuke greens?
- Al Jazeera: Nuclear power’s unlikely allies
Let me know if you noticed other notable changes of opinion by public media.